MPA Clubs and Organizations
The MPAA was developed by students to provide social, service, and management-related extracurricular activities. MPA students are elected each year to run the association and host annual events such as:
the Opening Social, Nights of Civil Discourse, the MPA Talent Show, the Closing Social, and other activities.
Grantwell is the country's first student-led program that connects philanthropic donors with deserving nonprofit organizations. The mission of Grantwell is threefold:
- To provide Marriott School of Management students an opportunity to administer, manage, and participate in a student-run, faculty-advised, practical nonprofit environment.
- To enhance the Romney Institute's nonprofit curriculum by integrating classroom learning and practical experience into Grantwell projects.
- To represent the interests of donors and foster relationships that lead to meaningful giving.
The Management Society's primary objective, with its more than sixty chapters internationally, is to advance its members
professionally through a network of professional contacts, lectures, seminars, and career-related activities.
The Washington, D.C., Management Society Chapter
This group has provided valuable career placement assistance to students seeking careers in federal government.
On the annual Career Trip to Washington D.C., this chapter of the management society facilitates and hosts networking opportunities.
They also help with internships, job placement, and shared general expertise and experience.
MPA students may also benefit from involvement with the many professional associations
dedicated to public administration. In many instances, the Romney Institute has formed alumni
groups that meet during national association conferences. These groups provide an opportunity
for current students to attend conferences and network with professionals in their area of interest.
The Institute sponsors special dinner meetings during professional conferences for MPA alumni and members
of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Professional associations with ties to the Romney Institute include:
- American Society for Public Administration
- International City/County Management Association
- International Personnel Management Association
- Government Finance Officers Association
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- Points of Light Foundation